Vision Construction Process
Remodeling or building a new custom home can be stressful. From deciding on a budget you are comfortable with, choosing a contractor that you like and trust and making all the selections to create an end product that you absolutely love, the process can seem overwhelming. At Vision Construction, we try to make this experience as stress-free as possible. One way we help make this happen is through our 4-Step Process where we guide you from the idea stage, through design, selections, and then to a detailed and professional proposal with a firm price.
Step 1: Envision
- During the envision phase, we will request information pertaining to your project through a brief phone call or email exchange. This information might include:: current pictures of your space, your likes and dislikes, and a concept of how you want the space to change. We will use this initial outreach to set expectations for the remainder of the process, provide information about Vision Construction. Most important, we will use this step to listen and ask questions about your vision, while addressing any questions you have regarding your project.
- Once we gather the above information, we provide you with an estimated project cost range. This estimate is based on average pricing of similar projects that we have completed, and it gives you an idea of the project investment you should expect.
- If this range is within your budget, we schedule an in-home consultation and move into Step 2.
PRO TIP: If you are still considering your design, check out our Pinterest Vision Boards for ideas!
Step 2: Explore
- We will schedule an in-person site visit, where we will take additional on-site pictures, measurements of project area, and collect any extra documents you may have including drawings/designs/sketches and example pictures of your idea.
- The purpose of this meeting is to confirm or adjust our initially delivered price ranges that were discussed in Step 1.
- Another goal of ours during this in-person meeting is to continue educating you of the entire remodeling process and the systems we have in place to help you choose products, and suppliers that align with your budget and vision.
- At this step, we charge a $100 “Site Measurement & Consultation fee” before this meeting. This fee will cover the cost of our team traveling to your home and developing a more detailed estimate. Our goal is to ensure that this step is valuable for both our team as well as your own research.
- If you choose to move forward with Vision Construction on this project, the $100 fee will go towards your overall remodeling cost.
Step 3: Plan
- At this point, we take all information gathered and start to sit down with our designers, architects, suppliers, in-house team and trade partners to create a detailed and guaranteed quote and virtual design of your remodel for review.
- This quote and design will take roughly 3-5 weeks to create. Often, we schedule a return visit to your home to discuss the details in person. Our goal is to not exceed our initial estimate by more than 20% unless additional project requests have been discussed during this meeting.
- During this 3-5 week window, you may be asked to visit some of our preferred suppliers for material selections. Our trade partners may also visit your house to gather precise information for their phase of work and estimate. We will make sure there is clear communication through this portion of the process.
- Our goal for Step 3 is to be as detailed, thorough and transparent, as we present our final bid proposal, so you can feel confident in making a final hiring decision.
- We charge 1%* of the high-end of your estimated range to move forward with Step 3. A non-refundable retainer check is received at the end of our Step 2 meeting to cover and begin these services. This fee goes toward overall project cost if Vision Construction is chosen as your contractor.
PRO TIP: If you are planning on large addition project or custom home builds, plan for an additional 2-3 weeks during this step, as we will be working through more complex solutions with our design team and suppliers.
*If your project requires design work, the Step 3 fee is increased to 2%. There is a minimum spend of $150 for smaller projects.
Step 4: Build
- Let the fun begin!
- We will work with you to create a timeline that will include the start date of your project and an estimated project completion timeline. Our project managers will be in regular communication with you to ensure that all steps of the progress align with our project timeline.
- We use a software program to keep everything organized pertaining to product selection, scheduling, communication, and job invoicing in one convenient client portal to ensure that you will have a centralized point to keep track of your project.
- Once your project is complete, we encourage you to reach out to us with any needed adjustments as your remodel “settles in.”
- As with every Vision project, your remodel will be covered by our 10 Year Workmanship Warranty. We want to ensure that you and your family are happy with your project for years to come.